Adobo is a well-known dish here in the Philippines. Tagalog speaking Australian chef Chris Urbano makes his own- vegetarian style. Try cooking this easy recipe of Adobong Kangkong at home.
- 1 bunch (250g) water spinach (kangkong)
- ½ bulb garlic, thinly sliced
- 2 pcs red birdseye chilli (sili labuyo), sliced thinly
- 2 tbsp cane vinegar
- 2 tbsp soy sauce
- 4 tbsp water
- ½ tsp cracked black pepper
- Cooking oil as required
- In a fry pan or wok, heat a little cooking oil and fry sliced garlic for two minutes or until fragrant and turning golden brown
- Add the thinly sliced chilli, deseed it prior to slicing for a less spicy dish, a sautee with garlic for one minute
- Combine vinegar, soy sauce, pepper and water in the pan cooking and mix together well
- Add water spinach, and toss it through the adobo mixture for 3-4 minutes, or until spinach has wilted and reduced.
- Serve alongside with steaming rice, and grilled pork, or seafood
Watch how Chris Urbano makes his own version of Adobong Kangkong:
Chris Urbano loves Filipino food and if you love it too, Don’t forget to subscribe! http://bit.ly/1AZnqao and share this video, or follow at the links below:
www.maputingcooking.com (Find ALL the recipes from the show!)
Get the newsletter: http://eepurl.com/PZeAH
Suggestions on new recipes we should cook? Please tell us and we’d definitely consider them! Have a great day ahead!