Maligayang Pasko! Check out Chris Urbano’s Mount Christmas – 3 layers of heavenly Philippine fruit, meringue and divine Kalamansi cream – this perfect addition to YOUR Filipino Christmas dinner. Shot on location at Maputing Cooking HQ – Urbano has a surprise guest drop by to help taste Bundok ng Pasko!! You’ll never guess who!
Mount Christmas (Pavlova in Australia) – A meringue-based dessert named after the Russian ballet dancer Anna Pavlova. It is a meringue cake with a crisp crust and soft, light inside, usually topped with whipped cream and fruit.
- Whipping cream / UHT milk
- Sugar / confectioners sugar
- Lime / kalamansi
- Meringue: Separate the egg yolk from the egg white using a glass to help not to spread the yolk in case it breaks (12 pieces)
- Meringue: Place the egg whites in the mixer (or whisk manually) for 5 minutes on a moderate setting while adding a pinch of salt until it reaches soft teaks.
- Meringue: Pour into the blend 3 cups of sugar
- Whip cream: Pour the cream onto the blender and whisk it for 5 minutes then add in the kalamansi juice while blending.
- Mount Christmas: Spread the meringue mix onto the first pan (use wax paper and sprinkle with cornstarch not to stick)
- Mount Christmas: Bake in the oven 150 degrees celcius for 1.5 hour
- Mount Christmas: Pour in the cream on top of the first layer with mangoes and bananas
- Mount Christmas: Continue with the second layer and third with the same procedure
- Mount Christmas: Sprinkle the grated kalamansi on top of the 3rd layer
Wine: Moscato – Sweeter style fruit driven wine typically for pre-dinner drinks, but can also be enjoyed bilang dessert wine, especially with fruit based desserts. Kung matamis ang taste mo sa mga drinks, or are newer to wine ito ang refreshing at masarap and versatile kasamang white meats at isda.