Mango Shake is the most common refreshment that you will find in resorts in the Philippines. Because of its availability, it’s easy to make a lot of it. This is a perfect drink to quench your thirst! Try my own recipe where I made two different types: Ripe Mango Shake and Green Mango Shake.
- 3 medium sized ripe mangoes (or green mangoes)
- 1 tbsp honey
- 2 cups fresh buko juice (coconut water)
- Fresh mint leaves
- ½ cup raw sugar (if using green mangoes)
- As needed crushed ice
- Slice open the mango, and remove the soft flesh using a spoon. For green mangoes, use a vegetable peeler to remove the skin, and then slice off the mango cheeks, and cut into a few smaller pieces.
- In a blender, add the mangoes together with honey or sugar, and coconut water and about 10 mint leaves.
- Add in the ice and blend until smooth with no mango chunks left.
- Pour in tall glasses, add bendable straws and serve. Garnish with mint leaves.
Watch the Recipe video below:
This recipe is included in my cookbook! Pre-order here: firstname.lastname@example.org
Chris Urbano loves Filipino food and if you love it too, Don’t forget to subscribe! http://bit.ly/1AZnqao and share this video, or follow at the links below:
www.maputingcooking.com (Find ALL the recipes from the show!)
Get the newsletter: http://eepurl.com/PZeAH