Lumpiang Sariwa or Lumpiang Gulay is a combination of mixed vegetables and meat (if you prefer adding it in), wrapped in a lumpia wrapper, and topped with a sweet style sauce. This is a very healthy dish and it’s better to cook it from scratch. Try cooking this at home!
- 5 Tbsp Cooking Oil
- 3 cloves Garlic, minced
- 1 medium Red Onion, chopped
- ¼ kilo Ground Pork
- ¼ kilo Small shrimps, peeled
- 4 cups Ubod (Palm Heart), julienned
- ¼ cup Carrots, julienned
- 2 tbsp Salt and Pepper
- To Taste Green Leas Lettuce, washed and trimmed
- 2 cups Water
- ¼ cup Soy sauce
- ¾ cup Brown sugar
- ½ tsp Salt
- 1 cup Unsalted Peanuts, ground
- 1 head Garlic, chopped
- 3 tbsp Cornstarch, diluted in ¼ cup water
- Lumpia Wrapper:
- 1 cup Cornstarch
- 1 ½ cup Water
- 3 pcs Eggs, Beaten
- 1 tsp Salt
- 1 tsp Sugar
- 1 tsp Cooking Oil
- As needed Cooking Spray
- Make the filling, heat oil and sauté garlic and onion. Add in the ground pork and shrimps and mix until cooked.
- Add in the ubod, carrots and season with soy sauce, salt and pepper. Let it simmer until cooked. Set aside until cool.
- Make the sauce. In a pot, combine the water, soy sauce, brown sugar and salt. Let it boil.
- Once boiling, add in the peanuts and garlic. Let it simmer. Add the cornstarch slurry and mix until thick.
- Make the wrapper. Combine all ingredients to make a batter. On a non stick pan, add ¼ cup of batter on an oiled pan and tilt to cover all sides. Let it cook over a low flame until the top part is dry. Gently flip it to the other side and transfer into a plate.
- Gather all your ingredients. Lay the wrapper on a plate. Add a piece of lettuce and ¼ cup of the filling. Gently roll and pour sauce on top. You can top it with more toasted garlic and ground nuts.
- For the Lumpiang Hubad, omit making the wrapper. Just plate the filling and top with sauce.
Watch the recipe video:
Chris Urbano is excited to share with you his upcoming cookbook! If you want to grab a copy, email firstname.lastname@example.org .
Don’t forget to subscribe to the channel if you like this video, and give us a thumbs up!
Follow us on Social Media for more Filipino Food Updates
Get the recipe – http://maputingcooking.com/recipe/okoy/
Get the newsletter: http://eepurl.com/PZeAH