Lato is a seaweed that is commonly found in the Philippines. It looks like a tiny green grapes and tastes like the sea when you bite into it. In this recipe, Chris Urbano will be using two seaweeds, Lato and Guso. Guso is a woody looking seaweed but tastes the same. Pair this salad with red salted eggs for additional flavor.
- 2 cups Fresh Lato
- 2 cups Fresh Guso
- ½ cup Onion, sliced thinly
- 1 cup Tomato, sliced thinly
- 1 cup Green Mango, cut into strips
- ¼ cup Green Onion, chopped
- 3 tbsp Spiced Vinegar
- ¼ cup Calamansi Juice
- 3 tbsp Fish sauce
- 1 tsp Pepper
- Clean the seaweeds under running water to remove any sand and dirt.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the seaweeds, onion, tomatoes, green mangoes and green onion. Set aside and chill in fridge for 10-20 minutes.
- Make the dressing in a small mixing bowl. Combine the vinegar, calamansi juice, fish sauce, and pepper. Take out the chilled seaweeds and pour the dressing. Toss to incorporate all flavors well.
- Best served with grilled or fried fish and steaming rice.
Video Recipe Coming Soon!
If you want more Filipino Food Recipes, pre- order my cookbook. Email me at firstname.lastname@example.org
Follow at the links below:
www.maputingcooking.com (Find ALL the recipes from the show!)
Get the newsletter: http://eepurl.com/PZeAH
Suggestions on what we should cook next? We’d love to hear from you.