This dish is just waiting to go global – and one of the few world class recipes that delivers that hard to find ‘sour / spicy’ combo
Ang maganda sa sinigang is the huge variety of ways you can cook it – once you have selected your meat and pangpaasim – just about any gulay sa bahay kubo, pwede sa sinigang mo! Other famous takes on sinigang include: sinigang na baka, sinigang sa miso, sinigang sa bayabas, sinigang sa kalamansi.
In this Maputing Cooking episode, Tagalog speaking Australian Chris Urbano will show you how to cook Sinigang na salmon sa Bayabas with a twist! A combination of two souring agent to give it its distinct sour and savoury taste, but with a hint of sweetness from the guava. Like always, this dish is cooked the traditional way! No packets used, only real ingredients to give you the real asim sinigang na salmon can give!
Ready to cook Sinigang na Salmon sa Baybas? Find the recipe below.
- 750 grams salmon belly fillets + salmon head if available
- 1 large onion
- ½ bulb garlic
- 2pcs aubergine (talong)
- 1 bunch water spinach kangkong / pechay
- 1 bunch snake beans (sitaw)
- 1 long radish (labanos)
- 4 medium tomatoes
- Salt / pepper to taste
- 750 grams guava (bayabas)
- 10 – 15 pcs kalamansi
- 6 pcs siling pangsigang
- fry garlic, onion, then add 1 litre of water and bring to the boil, and add pork
- Peel guava and stick blend / food processor with some water to make a guava juice, add to the soup along with some fresh squeezed kalamansi, simmer for 20 minutes until pork is cooked through
- Add chilli, and gabi and boil for another 5 minutes
- Add eggplant, okra snake beans and simmer for another 5 minutes
- Add kangkong and remove from heat
- Serve with fresh cooked rice
If you like this recipe please share and Subscribe to our Youtube Channel Here. .
Chris Urbano / Maputing Cooking is a Tagalog Speaking Australian Chef on a mission to bring Filipino Food Global. Filipinos and food conisseurs can find Filipino food recipes, filipino cooking tips and the latest Filipino food news and trends from around the world here at Maputing Cooking.